• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Movable Wooden Wheeled Sign

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Customer is looking for a movable wooden sign. It should accommodate a 36" tall x 48" wide panel, OR 2x 36" tall x 48" wide panels in a V-configuration.

Any ideas for structure? This is a rough drawing I did for what I think will work, but seeing if someone has a prettier option.

Attachments

• Wooden.jpg
    Wooden.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 240

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Once you get your framework, wood panels and trailer all put together, do you really think someone is gonna be able to pull it with that little handle ?? Also, what's gonna keep if it from blowing over ??

Marlene

Those are really small signs. Do they really need to haul them around or are they wanting to have something they can put out when they want to and move it out of the way when they don't? Seems like a A-frame might work better for that rather than a complex heavy custom built wagon.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
It's for a school - they are only going to be there for a year, and don't want to permit anything. They're also zoned residential and can't have permanent signage. They have had a plastic roll-out sign of a type ive never seen before - it has two inverted and stylized "T" shapes, with a 1/8" threaded rod connecting the sign area, which runs through coroplast panels. The base is plastic as well and connects the the inverted T's. It's all sunrotted, cracked, and falling apart.

It's a 25mph road, so 36" x 48" should work fine for them.

They do want to put it out daily and take in at night.

Just wondering if anyone has another option before I draw this one out.

equippaint

It would probably be better and faster to make it out of steel. Rectangle bottom, square tube uprights on each end sort of like your picture capped with angle to mount the top of the sign and another angle (angle edge up to match top) across each bottom side to attach the bottom of the sign. Id also make a provision to attach this contraption to some auger style ground anchors so it doesn't hurt someone in a bad wind.
The angle on the top in the center may make it lay back to much, that you would have to toy with.

ams

Easy to make, I could make you one, but freight shipping would probably be around $600

Marlene

Bolt your support system to one of these or some other pre-made wagon as they are cheap, have wheels that will work and if made of metal, will be heavy enough not to tip over.

Attachments

• wagon.jpg
    wagon.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 149

petrosgraphics

why not just use a nice red wagon as you base construct a frame for you panels. use a couple of screw-in anchors (as in a dogs run ) to tie it off.