• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Moving a Roland LEF-12

ITK2023

Hi, does anybody have experience relocating a Roland LEF-12? I have to move mine 5 minutes drive away, and unfortunately the only way to do this involves going through a doorway that requires tilting the printer about 45 degrees to fit through.

My question is - am I going to have to drain all the ink out of the printer before doing this (in case there is a chance the ink could spill and make its way onto a circuit board), or is that not a possibility?

It is a pain having to drain all the ink and then refill just for a 5 minute drive!

Thanks in advance.

AlanJ

Here's how I've done it: Enter setup and put the plate all the way down. Remove the ink in the drain bottle and put paper towels in the bottle to catch any bleeding ink. Click the off button so the print head returns to engage with the cap tops. You can lock down the print heads if you still have the bracket. If not, just be careful not to run into anything and shock the printer. Remove the cartridges. When you tilt the printer, tilt it towards the ink bank so the holes where the ink cartridges go face up, so you don't drip any ink. Tilt it at the angle you need to get through the door, then back as soon as you're through it to minimize ink dripping from anywhere else. Should be fine.

ITK2023

Great, yes I do still have the transportation brackets that came with the printer. The printer would only need to be tilted for a few seconds, hopefully it should be fine then.