• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Moving a Zund

Danskitt

Has anyone had any experience in moving a Zund flat bed cutter to a new location? Can it literally just be picked up with a forklift truck and put onto a flat bed truck or does it need to be stripped down first?

Danskitt

Depends on the model and the size. It will need to be releveled when it gets to where its going.

It's pretty reasonable to have Zund send a tech out for the day though.

Which one do you have?

FireSprint - Wholesale Sign Printing for the Trade
It's a 2007 G3 with a static bed. I can hire the truck and forklift it on but wasn't sure if it had to be stripped down or could just be moved in one piece and then re-set up at the other end.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Which G3? What size? You'll need to relevel the bed. This requires specific tools (About $500 or more). If good, accurate cuts are important to you, you'll need to have Zund come out to help. You may be able to risk the move itself without causing much issue, but you'll have a hard time getting everything running smoothly on the other end without calibration.

jasonx

Do not lift it with a forklift. You need to use the lifting points, slings/chains. You also want to back off the screws that level the bed. Then when back in place relevel the bed.

Our zund is a 2XL G3. It was wider than the bed of the truck. We welded steel supports that we placed on the truck and the zund sat on these. I can get a photo of them if you need.

Photo attached of how it's lifted.

Attachments

• zundmove.jpg
    zundmove.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 363

Greg Kelm

www.cheetaprint.com
We had a tech take ours apart and reinstall. physically wouldn't fit through the rollup door at either location. Like everyone else has mentioned, you'll want to re-level your table after a move. If you have a smaller table, our tech said it could be moved in one piece but there are still some steps to prep it for transport. Give them a call, the techs can guide you through it.