• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Moving printer next door

ironchef

Good evening everyone. We are expanding a bit and moving my mimaki and laminator next door. Ill be posting pics as we progress. We will be painting, building a room for the printer, and building a table and some other stuff. Our landlord just put in larger rollup doors. And its the next bay over. Since getting the mimaki back in august, we're quickly outgrowing our current space, any advise or comments would be great

Attachments

• image-2748610994.jpg
    image-2748610994.jpg
    381.2 KB · Views: 52
  • image-1511703719.jpg
    image-1511703719.jpg
    410.6 KB · Views: 53
  • image-374680747.jpg
    image-374680747.jpg
    373.2 KB · Views: 51
  • image-2871584419.jpg
    image-2871584419.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 51
  • image-3203140635.jpg
    image-3203140635.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 46

Matt-Tastic

make sure its temp controlled for your printer. opening and closing that door in Miami while printing wouldn't be the best thing for print consistency :)

ironchef

We got in today, everything is signed, renewed the contract for 5 years. Getting medeco locks in tomorrow, a/c guy is coming in also. We are painting the walls white on saturday and sunday. Debating if i should do anything to the floor.

ironchef

Yea i agree, im going to bring in an air duct, ill make sure its not in the printers way. Also, ill put in vent system and take it up thru the roof. I like what sightline did with the acrylic walls, debating that as well. Whatever is easier to pass inspection

ironchef

Got the medeco locks in, bought the paint, also going to buy wood for the table. The alarm guy came by and wants me to wrap his work van in exchange for setting up the alarm in both locations and 8 camera surveillance system. What you guys think?

J

john1

Got the medeco locks in, bought the paint, also going to buy wood for the table. The alarm guy came by and wants me to wrap his work van in exchange for setting up the alarm in both locations and 8 camera surveillance system. What you guys think?

First of all, Congrats on expanding!

Bartering is totally up to you, I mean see what his wrap would retail at and find out what all the stuff he wants to barter will retail at. Make a happy medium or take off X amount for the alarm stuff.

If the wrap is retailing for $3000 and the alarm stuff is only $1500, I'd say that's not a fair barter IMO.

ironchef

Thanks guys... What do you think a pro 8 camera system is with install? The commercial kind not tigerdirect stuff. Has anyone installed a system like this? Alarm includes two keypads two remote controls, sensors, window breaks and the labor for wiring between the two bays. Camera system includes 8 cameras with 700 lines of resolution and a dvr plus install. He showed me a building they just did on his phone, live camera feed. Looks pretty good. He said that last job was 4000. Im not sure if he just wants me to think that or what not. I asked him to quote me as if there was no bartering involved, to see what each thing cost.

ironchef

Well, we scrubbed the idea of a room for a printer, the mimaki is going in the office, so we have more space in the warehouse, meaning i can have a bigger table. Were planning on a 8'x16' table. I also did my second install in there today while we had the guys painting.

Attachments

• image-1464139749.jpg
    image-1464139749.jpg
    526.7 KB · Views: 68

thewvsignguy

Our wired three camera DVR system with a 19" monitor was $2000 professionally installed and an hour's worth of training 7 months ago. The camera's are really good with night vision too, not sure of all the specs though.

ironchef

Sweet, ya the bartering idea sounds good. Im going to go ahead with it, especially since i got a roll of cast laminate, i just need to buy a roll of cast vinyl. I got the mactac cast lam in a palette special i bought, for super cheap, had like ten rolls of vinyl, one cast lam and a translucent... What brand vinyl goes good with mactac lam?

J

john1

Be careful mixing things. I haven't heard much about mactac and would stick with more talked about brands. I know that using media out of the normal may seem good for this but a barter gone wrong could cost more down the road. Just looking out man.

ironchef

Thanks, i told the alarm guy yes on the bartering... On another note, the a/c guys are working on the roof unit, not working well, plus the sheet rock in the a/c closet is really moldy. The table is up, but still need to sand it down and finish it.

ironchef

Good evening to all, so far we got the table up, just missing the bottom sheets. Got the alarm installed, working on design ideas to barter a wrap for the alarm and camera system. Still waiting in a/c people to fix some things, and paint the floors.

Attachments

• image-1787514451.jpg
    image-1787514451.jpg
    436.3 KB · Views: 58

ironchef

Finally getting new a/c installed. Got floors painted. Will start moving this weekend. The a/c guy is quoting me on a vent set up for the office where the printer is going. Not using a active carbon filter, but taking it out thru the roof with ducts and a fan. What do you guys suggest?

Attachments

• image-3445205237.jpg
    image-3445205237.jpg
    438.7 KB · Views: 39