• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

moving printer

Berferful

Any tips on the right way to move my SP-540V. We're not going far, just down the street. I was planning on putting it on a truck with a lift gate and go. Will this cause any problems?

brush1

I just did it in February.
Claim head, remove cartriges, plenty of blankets, secure, keep level.
No problem.

LoGl

I moved my Roland the exact same way...lift gate...secured to inside of box truck...cartridges out...head was locked...moved about 20 miles away...no problem at all.

Good luck!

Speedsterbeast

Picked up my used Roland SP300V in Calgary, and drove it to Thunder Bay in the winter. (that's a 24 hour drive to you not familiar with Canadian geography. For this long move I ran the cleaning cartridges, but I don't think you need to do that if you can have it running within the same day. As stated prior, make sure the head bracket is secure. On a side note; spent the night in Brandon MB on my drive and had set my alarm for every two hours to warm up my Honda to keep the ink from freezing. It was -25 C. A long night, but the printer fired up and hasn't missed a beat in over two years.

ExecuPrintGS

Anyone have a link to a how to on securing the head on a vp540? Or is it in the owners manual someplace? We are moving in about a month and have our Roland and jv130 to move.

Mosh

there should be a blue bracket screwed to the back of the printer. use that to put up against the head, there will be a screw hole by the head where it hooks down....wish I could just show you it is easy.

Berferful

there should be a blue bracket screwed to the back of the printer. use that to put up against the head, there will be a screw hole by the head where it hooks down....wish I could just show you it is easy.
Oh that's what that's for. Thanks

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We have solvent cleaning cartridges to flush the printers out. Do a head wash after you inserted all the cartridges so the ink doesn't dry in the lines or heads during transition. Our cleaning solution is compatible with Eco Max.

$49/220ml cartridge

Email sales@premiercolour.com
949-209-7306