• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Moving SP-300

DizzyMarkus

Morning folks,
Been a full 2 years for us-- although quiet we are still here lol A small 2 person man and woman shop in a small town of 15,000. We are getting ready to move to a facility downtown instead of the end of town.
-- The printer move has me a bit nervous and am looking for a few pointers.

Its a short move -- roughly 9 blocks, the kicker is I have stairs to navigate to remove the printer. I am pretty sure we had to tip the printer up some to get it out of the weird turn to head in. If I tip it up briefly to clear the turn and right back level how bad would this be?-- Some have said in other posts no more than a 45 degree angle. I think I am going to be real real close to this for like 1-2 mins to round the corner. I will lock the head in position with the locking arm, as well as remove the ink waste bottle. I am going to set it in the bed of my pickup truck on some foam with a towel under the discharge area. I can have it off, moved (slight angle lol) reset and running in prolly 30 minutes

Does any of this sound "scary" to any of you who have moved these?

Again the tipping it up at an angle has me worried lol

thanks greatly,
Markus

InkjetAuction

Moving printer

Always remove the ink. It's not worth cleaning up the mess, or the potential damage to the machine.
You have less than $20 worth of ink inside the inkline on a 30" unit.

Plus it not always an ink spill that you are trying to prevent. I've visited more than one printer that was moved with ink in the lines, only to have air bubbles form during the bumpy ride.

MENU > INK CONTROL > PUMP UP Follow the prompts.
Lock down the head.

I'd use some pallet wrap to cover the unit to help keep it clean and dry during the move.

Move the printer and re-energize. The prompts will ask you for ink type -- Choose MAX4
Printer will ask for the ink bottle and the cartridges. Assuming that the captops are in good condition, the printer will refill at that point.

Good luck.

~E

DizzyMarkus

Thank you for the detais ....was never about the ink price or spilling it etc..it was about air in the lines for me. Thanks greatly for the advice. ...

Markus

DizzyMarkus

UPDATE:

We made the move and it went flawlessly thank you to InkjetAuction---

For anyone reading -- these directions work perfectly and easily, Cant thank you enough

Markus