• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Moving SP300i

J

john1

Well, I am moving and will need to move my 30" up the road about 1/2 mile. It has to go down about 20 stairs where i am at now then in the back of the UHAUL and travel 1/2 mile then straight into my new place which has no stairs.

I read something about a headlock feature some are using and that's it and then i heard people are doing a whole mess of other things. The user manual confused me but that's not surprising lol

Any step by step tips? I have 2 cleaning cartridges.

CP Signs

I just moved a few weeks ago. Trip was about 10 miles. I locked the head, made sure the ink overflow tray was empty and that was it. In the stairs always make sure the printer is always straight and since it's not too big, I would bring it in a vehicle and not the uhaul. I revoved mine from the stand and put it in my suv. As soon as I had it at the new place, I ran a cleaning cycle and printed right away.

401Graphics

I just moved a few weeks ago. Trip was about 10 miles. I locked the head, made sure the ink overflow tray was empty and that was it. In the stairs always make sure the printer is always straight and since it's not too big, I would bring it in a vehicle and not the uhaul. I revoved mine from the stand and put it in my suv. As soon as I had it at the new place, I ran a cleaning cycle and printed right away.

+1

i forgot to empty my waste tray on my 1204 when moving it back to my house. that sucked! ink everywhere, inside the printer, outside the printer, on the carpet, and on my brand new boots! :banghead:

CP Signs

Ouch!!!!! I can just imagine the mess,,,,and I think you have one like mine,,,the 1204,,,,,when we were ready to take it down the stairs, I had the end where the tray is and realized that It was in there,,,,I yanked it out and down we went.

401Graphics

Ouch!!!!! I can just imagine the mess,,,,and I think you have one like mine,,,the 1204,,,,,when we were ready to take it down the stairs, I had the end where the tray is and realized that It was in there,,,,I yanked it out and down we went.
Yea i have the 1204. And I too was going down a flight of stairs, but didnt know ink was going everywhere til i looked down at my boots when I was putting the printer in my SUV. (and to make things worse the tray was on the end that was towards the top of the stairs so it poured through the whole bottom of the printer as it was tilted down the stairs)
Once i got the printer home I had to take most of the plastics off and the vacuum fans to clean the ink off. Eco solvent ink loves to eat plastic.

J

john1

Thanks,

So lock the heads and empty the waste ink bottle and put it back in where it's supposed to and that's it?

SIROD

Yes, that's all

Later you'll have to check if there is some air in the ink circuit but most time 2-3 powerful cleaning sort this out

J

john1

Thanks all, Finally got her moved today.

I kept inks in, Removed blade holder, Locked head in place, Took out drain bottle and stuffed some paper towels up there, Put packaging tape over it to hold them in and moved her on down stairs and into the pick up. Just did a test print and all is well. No biggie.

Woot.