• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Moving the dots

SlightlyChilled

Okay working on a gx500 that will hold a 54" peace of vinyl BUT the cut marks are all the way to the right so you need to cut down the 54" vinyl shorter to move the marks to the left.. is there a way to move the cut marks to the right 4" in versa works. I know how to move the image but not the marks... I hope this makes sense. PS printing on a RE 640...

tim99

Humm, cant say i ever had that problem before usually the registration dots position are relitive to the image size and position.
for example if the image is 5 inches wide and right justified the markers will be the same, same image centered on the media the dots will move to the center as well.

considereing thats how VW sets up the registration marks cant you just move the entire image 4" to the left to get what your after?

Gene@mpls

On my VP540 I can move the right hand roller in 4" which will crowd the reg marks to the left. I posted a year or so ago
how to set the GX500 up to cut a bit wider also. Gene

SlightlyChilled

I saw that one and that was good info. So I guess I just need to print on 48 OR keep cutting down the print before I feed it to the cutter.

DizzyMarkus

Sure there is nothing hanging about transparent or white? A small dot way outside the working area? My reggies are always according to image size and their placement. Markus What happened to the enter key line break

Last edited:

SlightlyChilled

Here you can see I moved the little guys to the right. But see the blue outer box that I can't move. That box is what dictates where the cut dots go. If I could make it go more right I would be set

Attachments

• 20130615_102542.jpg
    20130615_102542.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 101

Cyw

hmmm..............like Markus said, it sure does look like something is there that's causing the bounding box to be so far away from your visible artwork.
Look back at the original file in Wireframe view. Double click with your Pick tool to Select All. You may be able to see what's causing the oversized perimeter.
If you still can't see it in wireframe view, marquee select ONLY the decals you want printed and export to eps making sure the box 'Selected Only' is checked.

SlightlyChilled

Here I did it with just on image and the I centered same image to the paper... I can move it where aver I live in the edit screen but when I go back to the rip print the box will always stay to the upper left corner.

Attachments

• 20130615_123653.jpg
    20130615_123653.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 20130615_123740.jpg
    20130615_123740.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 20130615_123703.jpg
    20130615_123703.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 20130615_123756.jpg
    20130615_123756.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 74

SlightlyChilled

For others that may need this here you go. Need to set the baseband of the head over to about 48.5 that will move the marks to the right and all is well.