• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Moving...

bendeane

Our shop is moving to a larger facility. We have a 1614 valuejet and I've moved it once, but it's been awhile. I was looking for tips and suggestions. Printer will be put on a box truck with a lift and moved across town about 10 miles.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Ben

Graphics2u

I've never moved my 1614 other than off the delivery truck and it's a trick even with a lift due to the machines length, it's wider than the truck. I moved a 64" Falcon II accross 2 states once but I used a trailer that was low to the ground for loading and unloading. Otherwise for 10 miles I'd just make sure the head is locked in place and you should be good.

SD&F

I would be sure that you had a hondfull of guys to help you get it loaded to something that is definetly close to the ground and be sure it is totally secure and locked. It is a short distance, but a change in direction no matter how slight can cause a catastrophe. Good Luck

tsgstl

I moved about that distance. We separated the stand and strapped it down onto a mattress didn't remove the cartridges.

Graphics2u

I would be sure that you had a hondfull of guys to help you get it loaded to something that is definetly close to the ground and be sure it is totally secure and locked. It is a short distance, but a change in direction no matter how slight can cause a catastrophe. Good Luck
Yeah, When I moved my Falcon II I had it strapped multiple times to the side of the trailer. I did leave it on the stand but it was very securely stapped to the trailer. Might not hurt to even check with your business insurance company to make sure you're covered in case of the unexpected.