• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mozilla Thunderbird Mail Client Dead?

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
I hope this does not mean its dead, even though the article asks that question.

It does say that Mozilla, as a corporation, is withdrawing from leading the development and leaving it to the community. Which means it just becomes like any other open source project.

Even if it dies, I'm quite happy with the current version and will continue to use for as long as it works.

royster13

About time.......Cloud has taken over and email clients like Thunderbird just do not have enough users to make it worthwhile...

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
About time.......Cloud has taken over and email clients like Thunderbird just do not have enough users to make it worthwhile...

"The Cloud" has taken over?

If, perhaps, "The Cloud" you speak of refers to remote storage of data, then how is Thunderbird not a participant in that paradigm?

TB is a very able IMAP client and has been very handy in allowing me access to two of my GMail accounts. If that's not using "The Cloud", I don't know what is...

WildWestDesigns

"The Cloud" has taken over?

If, perhaps, "The Cloud" you speak of refers to remote storage of data, then how is Thunderbird not a participant in that paradigm?

TB is a very able IMAP client and has been very handy in allowing me access to two of my GMail accounts. If that's not using "The Cloud", I don't know what is...

Hell, even outlook works as an IMAP client quite efficiently. I use TB as my email program on my laptop travel/production computer and I use Outlook on my office design computer. I just wish Adobe's PDF Maker worked for TB like it does Outlook.