• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

MS51 inks - what happens if expired?

FrankW

Hi

Does anyone know what happens if the MS51-inks in a XPJ-1682 SR PRO expiring? Is it like Mimaki that the printer stops printing 2 months after expiring? Or like Epson or Roland who continues printing?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I think you mean MS41 inks but if you're certain it's MS51, let me know as I need to do some learning!

In my experience with Mutohs, it never stops when they expire like Mimakis. It just keeps on going until it's empty. They trust you to make that decision.

petepaz

we have an spj-330 with a bulk ink system. when the inks on that expire it won't print. (stupid and a pain in the ass) so you can replace the chip and keep using the older ink and just swap out the cart/ / bag when it's done.
not sure if it's the same for your machine but i am not a fan. especially with the bulk ink system. you don't use a lot of LM, LC, LK so you may end up waiting a lot of ink over time.
there was a thread on here about changing some coding or something in the system to bypass that but that was above my technological capabilities