• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Multi Color Alignment

PROBIRD

COULD SOMEONE POINT ME IN DIRECTION ON THIS PROGRAM TO ALIGN MULTI COLOR SIGNS MORE EASILY?

I know if your screenprinting you can put a mark in certain places to align the screens, is there a way to do this on vm pro?

I done a 4 color graphic on my truck for my moonwalk rental business and aligned it by eye and a ruler, came out okay but what a pain in the ars.

thanks.....probird

Decal_Designs

Although that link is nice Signage, I don't think that was exactly Probird's question. I believe the question was how to make registration marks in VMP.

IN VMP Registration marks are called CROP marks.

Here's one way to do it....

After you design your multi-colored layout, click anywhere outside of your background page, then choose Select ALL near the upper left of the program.

Then click on TOOLS - WELDING/OUTLINING, the tool box will pop up near the bottom. Do not choose Auto Weld here. You want to choose the regular WELDING module which is to the right of Effects.

WHen the Welding Module pops up, click on EDIT - ADD CROP MARKS and then click Accept.
This will give you 4 crop marks, one in each corner of the layout. You are now back in Design mode. If you want to relocate the crop marks, click a crop mark to select it. This will include all the different color layers, but before you move it, you need to go to ARRANGE - GROUP, so the layers all move together. Do that for each set of crop marks you want to relocate.

You can repeat the whole process if you would like 4 more crop marks for some reason, like registering smaller areas of color in a larger design so you do not waste a lot of vinyl just for a crop mark.

You can also select by color if you only wish to create crop marks for certain colors instead of all colors.