• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Multi-Strike printing

300mphGraphics

Running a Mutoh 1624x with Flexi 12 and need to do a multi-strike backlit print job. Can someone help me with the settings. On the printer control panel I've found the menu setting. Do I need to do anything else in Flexi or with software print settings. How does printing a graduated screen work with these settings? Thanks you!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I generally use Flexi to setup the double strike. The tab to the right of the profile tab is the printer settings tab. this tab has the heater settings, motor speed, effect etc. Click on that tab and you will see the options for double strike which may also be called, "Overprint" in Flexi. Select the amount of times you want to strike and the time interval between passes and that should be it.

300mphGraphics

Pretty sure I found it. Any idea how many times to set the print count and the time interval between passes? Trial and error?

I generally use Flexi to setup the double strike. The tab to the right of the profile tab is the printer settings tab. this tab has the heater settings, motor speed, effect etc. Click on that tab and you will see the options for double strike which may also be called, "Overprint" in Flexi. Select the amount of times you want to strike and the time interval between passes and that should be it.

Attachments

• flexi overprint.jpg
    flexi overprint.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 289

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's mostly trial and error. In general 2 on the print count and anywhere between .1 and 2 seconds for wait time. It all depends on how well the ink dries and sets into the vinyl. I bet someone who runs a shop for a living has some better advice for you.

kenrag

I have been told my mutoh and other people on backlit material do no more than 2 passes or there will be too much ink
...never tried this but on backlit print one strike on backlit then on clear print one strike and overlay the clear on the backlit