• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Multicam

FASTSIGNS

Signing papers for a Multicam Apex3r. Just wondering if anyone has advice, must haves, wish I had knowns that they want to share? Tia

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
Signing papers for a Multicam Apex3r. Just wondering if anyone has advice, must haves, wish I had knowns that they want to share? Tia
We got one a little over a year ago. We upgraded our 15 year old 1000 series unit. Agree with JBurton - tool changer is very nice. It plows through an incredible amount of work. One regret (I'm mad at the salesperson for not bringing it up) was not getting the option to auto set the height of tools. It's been a real finicky machine, lots of little settings that can go wrong. Support has always been great to get them resolved quickly. I wouldn't recommend relying solely on their Coreo software. It has a lot of limitations. We use Enroute.

Don't let their technicians leave without resolving ALL issues. We had to push hard to get a technician to come back a couple of times for things that were not set up right on the machine.

packratsigns

Premium Subscriber
I have been setting up and operating a Multicam 3000 since 2009.
It has a an ATC , which is nice but not required.
Cuts everything from Thick aluminum, Foam and plastics etc.
Add a Donek swivel knife.
Importing vector files from other software packages into Enroute.
Solid machine. Very little issues. Tech support has always been very good.
The Apex looks amazing !

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
This was a feature I didn't think much about when I selected it, but dang it's nifty to install a new bit after one breaking, hitting a button, and not having to pick a sacrificial spot to drop the spindle into to find 0. On my previous machine I could set the bit depth by lowering the spindle close to the material, loosening the bit so it dropped to touch, then tighten with the two wrenches. Problem on this larger collet is the lack of a second wrench, and the fact that I love the removable tool holder setup and I'd never go back!
Have you looked at getting it added on at this point? Couldn't be a difficult self installed part. Or at least it shouldn't be...
The technician said it would require wiring work that would be really difficult, and expensive.

FASTSIGNS

Yes, on the mister - air chiller. Yes on the auto tool changer. Yes on the auto tool height gauge (also our salesperson did not mention and we had to request sigh). Yes, on Enroute. Thanks all!!! Solidifies my choices and I feel better writing the big check. I appreciate!