Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multicamm Tech Southeast Region

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by KingsofWraps, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Can someone please recommend a Multicam tech to install a 3000 5x10 and include training on the router as well as Enroute?

It would be greatly appreciated.

Tags:
  2. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    Typically you'll get training with the router, but I'll assume this one is used? Your best bet is to try to get some sort of training from the previous owner, either going to their shop or coming to yours. Most techs don't want to mess with resold equipment in the setup phase, too much that could go wrong (or has already gone wrong, long ago, gone unnoticed, then they get blamed when it takes a sh*t). Where is the CNC coming from?

3. I'm in South Florida found one locally but Multicam has taken almost a week just to get me quote. Plus they are overcharging, I was reading the forums and have also heard how poor their service is. Prefer to give the business to someone that needs it.

4. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    I shopped routers at the end of last year, and someone here pointed me towards Shop Sabre. Those things look awesome, and I was going to get one coming around the time the virus hit, which put that on hold. Take a look at them, for the same capabilities you'll pay half the price compared to multicam.
    We had a multicam forever, but after 25 years, I started having to replace driver boards and motors, and eventually retrofitted it with consumer hardware to run off LinuxCNC. Much cheaper repair part bills, and I don't have to call a tech and struggle through an accent to work on it. With that being said, they were always able to get me going or diagnose and ship parts pretty quickly, and the machine was a tank with relatively few issues.