• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Multiple Photos in Flexi 12

morty87

Hello, I may have asked this before but couldn't find the thread it so I apologize. I am using Flexi 12 dsign center and I wish to add 3 photos each 12" and have it print on a 54" roll of canvas. I wish each 12" picture to have its own 3 inch bleed. I can obviously put all 3 pictures into the design center but when I send to print it keeps them all combined and it puts the bleed on 1 side and the bottom or top. I am unable to separate them so that each image has its own bleed. I know I must be missing a simple step, but I can't figure it out. If anyone can give me a step by step or send me link so that I can see someone do it..I would be truly appreciative.

Thank you

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
Hello, I may have asked this before but couldn't find the thread it so I apologize. I am using Flexi 12 dsign center and I wish to add 3 photos each 12" and have it print on a 54" roll of canvas. I wish each 12" picture to have its own 3 inch bleed. I can obviously put all 3 pictures into the design center but when I send to print it keeps them all combined and it puts the bleed on 1 side and the bottom or top. I am unable to separate them so that each image has its own bleed. I know I must be missing a simple step, but I can't figure it out. If anyone can give me a step by step or send me link so that I can see someone do it..I would be truly appreciative.

Try to send each individual picture to Production Manager separately. Customize the print out in P.M. with the bleed, etc. without sending it. DO NOT SEND. After all 3 pics have been set up the way you want them printed, select all 3 file and NEST the files together (right click over the selected files and click on NEST). All 3 files will be joined for a single print out and you can rotate and move the files so you minimize the amount of material you are printing on.
I would strongly suggest a Mark Rugen Flexi seminar as stuff like this would be covered in his Flexi class. I've been using Flexi since 7.0 and before that when it was CASMate. The class would be informative to someone not fully knowledgeable of the software. I went to pick his brain on color profiling and to have a certificate on the software. He may be able to help in other areas you have questions with as well. http://givemehelp.com/tag/flexisign/

morty87

Try to send each individual picture to Production Manager separately. Customize the print out in P.M. with the bleed, etc. without sending it. DO NOT SEND. After all 3 pics have been set up the way you want them printed, select all 3 file and NEST the files together (right click over the selected files and click on NEST). All 3 files will be joined for a single print out and you can rotate and move the files so you minimize the amount of material you are printing on.
I would strongly suggest a Mark Rugen Flexi seminar as stuff like this would be covered in his Flexi class. I've been using Flexi since 7.0 and before that when it was CASMate. The class would be informative to someone not fully knowledgeable of the software. I went to pick his brain on color profiling and to have a certificate on the software. He may be able to help in other areas you have questions with as well. http://givemehelp.com/tag/flexisign/

Thanks so much will be checking it out asap.

Evan Gillette

Definitely agree that Mark Rugen's training is a great resource for learning flexi workflow, he sells a set of video and written manuals as well.