• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mustang hood

WOODBS

Anyone know where this graphic can be found? Thanks

Attachments

• mustang1.jpg
    mustang1.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 124
  • mustang2.jpg
    mustang2.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 92

Todd-sta

Not sure where to find it, but looks like a super easy one to recreate....

Are you duplicating this on a Mustang for a customer?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If you are only making one and don't plan on trying to sell copies later on I would cut it by hand.

Lay the center down, set the gap with some fineline or scrap vinyl.
Cut down some material to the width of the out side stripe - long enough to make the trip from the front around the scoop and back again - lay it by hand along the guide.
Trim the front and collect the cash.

Should take very little time - even less if you have done something similar before.

wayne k
guam usa

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
That is a nice gentle curve at each corner - would bend fine with a stripe that narrow.

wayne k
guam usa

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Well,
I wouldn't try that with chrome or intermediate vinyl but a stripe that wide will go around that bend without much drama.
I think it is a matter of confidence in your skill level.
We striped cars with vinyl starting back in the 70's as a Trim Line distributor.
No plotters at that time so everything except die cut kits was done by hand with either tape rolls or cut down from 12" roll stock.

If it is just one copy and you don't want to make those bends lay some premask down - cut out around the scoop so it will lay down flat and take a compass and using the scoop as a guide draw out the gap and stripe.
Put the premask on your material and cut it out - without going through the backing then remask it and apply it to the hood.
wayne k
guam usa

chopper

hey I sent you a pm....but that scoop should be bolted on if so remove it and take a piece of paper and trace the cut out for the scoop and scan it into your computer. or take a digital photo and make the vectors, if the scoop is on with tape you can still remove it or take a photo from above and use that to build from, either way it is do-able.. good luck
//chopper

702 graphics

702 Graphics.com the Official Stripe Company of Shelby American :rock-n-roll:

You should by the kit from Shelby. It is made perfect. No knives ever have to touch the car.

dwt

+1 for creating a vector from a photo. I would use a biz card for scale and get a good, square shot. Too easy.