Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mustang matte wrap

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by kuttek, Oct 7, 2012.

1. kuttek

kuttek kuttek

Feb 16, 2012
    California
    Wrapped with ultra matte

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. CP Signs

CP Signs Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Stittsville
    Goid job guys. My style.

3. 401Graphics

401Graphics Very Active Member

I like matte finish with solid colors. But his looks like it was sanded, airbrushed, and then never clear coated.
    But the wrap job looks great.

4. S'N'S

S'N'S Active Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Australia
    Good job but the first thing I noticed was no top half of the flame where the rear quarter panel meets the bumper.

5. mudmedia

mudmedia Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Nice job...Did you have to seam the front bumper/ body kit for no color stretching?

6. kuttek

kuttek kuttek

Feb 16, 2012
    California
    No seams we had lights removed and trims molding handles and any pieces that gotten in the way, took about two extra hours but a show quality finish, the bumpers was the hardest to wrap however we did stretch but did it in the-flame area so its not noticeable. The trunk was in two piece because he wanted carbon look vinyl on there ill post better pics tommorow

Attached Files:

7. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    :thumb:

What printer? I imagine you ran white ink?

8. aaronJREgraphics

aaronJREgraphics Member

Mar 27, 2012
    I love the matte and removing the head lights and stuff was a good move. the design is not my style but you guys killed the install good work!!!

9. ForgeInc

ForgeInc Active Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Portland, Or
    hmmmm, sorry - i think it looks really tacky, but i'm sure the customer loves it and the install looks perfect.

10. Jack Knight1979

Jack Knight1979 Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Maine
    awesome job on the install. Great work.

11. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    I agree.. the art makes me cringe. Nice install. In the future try to make sure the graphics from the bumpers connect with the body

12. kuttek

kuttek kuttek

Feb 16, 2012
    California
    it was done with mutoh 1624, with 1440 dpi colors came out so perfect its impossible to tell the black is ink.
    the design is nice, not everyone will like it but its just a matter of taste, the blue side flames have lots of fades of skulls and demons in it, it goes well with the theme he picked. overall i think it was great project, customer loves it and everyone that seen it in person cant believe its a printed wrap. The install quality makes the biggest difference, glad we removed all the parts and molding

thanks for the input guys, we will be doing another wrap this weekend ill post pics of that one, am sure y'all gonna like this next one.

13. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Cool. Thanks for the printer info. For me nuthin' beats good ol' fashioned skulls and flames.

I did a partial with skulls and tribal work. My Mom won't even look at the pictures.:omg: