• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Muto 1204 not turning on

Larry L

I went to turn of my printer and I am nothing is happening. My son said a paper was jammed around the roll. Is there a reset or a fuse, and where exactly is it located? The ac power source is fine.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Usually the first thing I do in this situation is, unplug the machine and hit the power button a couple times to discharge any residual power. Take the back platen off and the main board will be to your left from the back of the machine. Take the main board memory out (its' just like regular computer memory) and use air duster to clean out the terminal where the memory is usually installed. Also get any dust off the memory itself. Re-install the memory and try to turn the machine on again. If that doesn't help, you may have main board damage or another electrical issue going on.

thewvsignguy

When ours will not power back on, unplug it for 15-20 minutes or so. Then plug it back in and it should power back on. We have been getting lots of power flickers and outages with the high wind, really need to get a battery back-up... good luck!

Larry L

I checked the fuses, now all the relays are working, had no clicks before, but no on light nor display. I pulled the memory card out and pressed it back in also.

Larry L

WORKS!

This is really odd but I did just what you said, draining the capacitor pressing start up while not plugged in, pulled out the card again, now it works, Thanks so much!!!!.... do you want your payment in $20s or $50s??

You know how it can be a bit stressful during the spring time rush and have you printer take a dump.... Thanks again for the quick response guys.