• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh 1204 and Oracal 3951

cgordon

Anyone have any idea why only when printing on 3951 I am getting this blotching? All other materials seem to be fine(3651 and some cheap unknown stuff). It got better after turning off the pre and platen heaters.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_2145.JPG
    IMG_2145.JPG
    454.5 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_2146.JPG
    IMG_2146.JPG
    630.7 KB · Views: 164

DJr

Looks like defective material having to do with the coating process. Have supplier replace with a new roll different lot number and see if it fixes the problem.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cgordon

Well, I thought that too, but this was happening right at the end of a roll I was using over about 3 months. so I went a bought a brand new roll today and got the exact same result. I guess it is possible it came from the same batch as the roll came from the same distributor? I will call them tomorrow to make sure there are no outstanding recalls.

ORAFOL Americas

Merchant Member
Anyone have any idea why only when printing on 3951 I am getting this blotching? All other materials seem to be fine(3651 and some cheap unknown stuff). It got better after turning off the pre and platen heaters.

Thanks in advance!

Please call our product support team at 888-672-2251 or email techsupport-americas@orafol.com along with the pictures you've taken. They can help you resolve the issue.

Bigcat_hunter

Looks like defective material having to do with the coating process. Have supplier replace with a new roll different lot number and see if it fixes the problem.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks in advance!
I had the same issues on my 1204's with that material. I bought two rolls and had the same issue on both. I couldn't figure it out so I quit using it. This was a year ago. I think there is an issue with that particular vinyl.