• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204 banding/drop out

dclet

Has anyone seen this issue before. Color drop out.

It cropped up about a week ago, I cleaned both the T-Fence and Encoder Disk ( they were filthy ) and also adjusted PF and it took care of it atleast I thought it did.. I ran well over 150 yards yards since then no issues...

mutoh_issue.jpg

it's fairly consistent, nozzle test is ok ( I have been missing some nozzles but not enough for it to effect print quality to this extent )

I also ran cmyk/rgb block test and only the green has issues,

20130708_080307.jpg 20130708_080314.jpg

I am perplexed.
Any ideas

heyskull

Another Encoder Disk or Encoder Strip issue (all dependant on what way you are printing).
If it as it comes out of the machine it is a Encoder Disk issue (the one on the side of the machine).
If it is appearing left to right it is the encoder strip.
Clean very very gently with denatured alcohol.
Also either disk or strip can get distorted and damaged and will need replaced.

SC

dclet

That's what I figured...

the t fence had to be bad,

I did clean it pretty good but the issue was still there and here is the kicker, after a 20 feet it cleared up and I got some good prints out of it.... it didn't last very long though..

So I was thinking a supply issue so I replaced the dampers...they were due anyway.

Now I can not get any ink flow now. ahh.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If you changed the dampers and are not getting any ink flow now, your cap top is probably bad. That could also explain why you had the drop out in the first place. I would replace the cap top and make sure the pump is not clogged by pushing cleaning fluid through it. It should flow easily into the waste tray. Check us out of parts and maintenance supplies if you need them.

dclet

Solventinkjet.com already a customer. :)

cap top was changed 2 weeks prior, I do not understand why it isn't pulling any ink. I flushed it, ran it through a cleaning cycling and it certainly had fluid coming out of it.

I took the lines of the dampers and pulled some ink. Didn't help much though.

Got to be something I am missing...eh besides a qualified tech :)

perhaps it's time for an upgrade...

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I would wet the cap top with some cleaning solution to see if that helps it seal better before I do a cleaning. Also, judging by the green square in the picture above, it looks like your manifold may be partially clogged. I have seen that exact problem happen a couple of times and I ended up just taking the manifold off the head and flushing it with cleaning solution. Do you see how it is dropping out cyan on the right side and gets better as it goes left? That is from the ink not flowing strongly enough to the head to get a good start from the clog in the manifold. If you are not comfortable flushing the manifold, I would get a tech for sure.