• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh 1204 black ink static issue?

krazycolors

Hello all.
I have been trying to figure out this issue for a while now..I have attached a pic to better explain the issue. This is not always how it looks... I am getting very inconsistent black "overspray" only when I print black next to white(or no ink areas). I know if looks like there is ink from the rollers, but that it no the case. I have cleaned them along with the print head and maint station. When I do a nozzle check its always has a couple of the black small lines missing. They are not always the same lines missing, but seem to be towards the top of the nozzle check. If I had to guess what it is I would have to say maybe some of the black nozzles are plugging and spraying weird? One mutoh tech that I talked to mentioned it might have something to do with static? I have done all the cleaning possible to the print head except soak the print head face in solvent (tech said not to). Any other color or if there is color next to the black its perfect. I have tried 6 different medias with the same result. I greatly appreciate any advice!
20190906_000102.jpg

krazycolors

Hello all.
I have been trying to figure out this issue for a while now..I have attached a pic to better explain the issue. This is not always how it looks... I am getting very inconsistent black "overspray" only when I print black next to white(or no ink areas). I know if looks like there is ink from the rollers, but that it no the case. I have cleaned them along with the print head and maint station. When I do a nozzle check its always has a couple of the black small lines missing. They are not always the same lines missing, but seem to be towards the top of the nozzle check. If I had to guess what it is I would have to say maybe some of the black nozzles are plugging and spraying weird? One mutoh tech that I talked to mentioned it might have something to do with static? I have done all the cleaning possible to the print head except soak the print head face in solvent (tech said not to). Any other color or if there is color next to the black its perfect. I have tried 6 different medias with the same result. I greatly appreciate any advice! View attachment 144069

Attachments

• 20191031_001838.jpg
    20191031_001838.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 267

RustyNZ

Those lines that look like roller marks wouldn't be static or deflected (partly blocked) nozzles, you wouldn't get such a uniform pattern. Those could be the cause of the fuzzy edges on the text. Do they line up with the rollers? If you look at the letter D you can see those marks don't even follow the shape of the print they just continue in exactly the same place down the media. It is strange it only happens on your black on white, not sure why.

krazycolors

Those lines that look like roller marks wouldn't be static or deflected (partly blocked) nozzles, you wouldn't get such a uniform pattern. Those could be the cause of the fuzzy edges on the text. Do they line up with the rollers? If you look at the letter D you can see those marks don't even follow the shape of the print they just continue in exactly the same place down the media. It is strange it only happens on your black on white, not sure why.
The lines do line up with the rollers. The lines don't appear until the print head makes a pass over the media. There is always white(with no ink) media between where the print head is passing and the rollers. The rollers have been cleaned and completely dry. Its just weird this only occurs with the black ink.. All other colors are perfect. and black is good when there is color against it. Its just when there is no color or just white media.

RustyNZ

The lines do line up with the rollers. The lines don't appear until the print head makes a pass over the media. There is always white(with no ink) media between where the print head is passing and the rollers. The rollers have been cleaned and completely dry. Its just weird this only occurs with the black ink.. All other colors are perfect. and black is good when there is color against it. Its just when there is no color or just white media.

Seems pretty odd to me, sorry don't really have any ideas. If it wasn't just where the rollers were then it could be some sort of electrical fault causing the heads to fire when they shouldn't but I don't see any reason why that would line up with the rollers as the head (and rest of the electrics) probably don't know where the feed rollers are located as they don't really have any reason to. With 6 different medias doing the same it's hard to blame the media too. I've seen roller marks on some medias and have to adjust temperature to resolve that.

Please post up the resolution if you find one to help others. Good luck.

David7777

I saw your post about the overspray ink landing where the wheels were. I'm having the same problem.

Would you please tell me your fix for the issue? I have 2 Mutoh 1324 and they are both doing it.

Thank you kindly