• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204 Black Streaks

dj_elite

Ran my printer today to find the black is streaking. Ran nozzle check, its 100% fine. Took out encoder strip and cleaned strip and sensor and encoder disc and sensor. No luck. Any ideas whats happening? Its just on black. Colors are fine.

Attachments

• streaks.jpg
    streaks.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 146

dj_elite

Not sure exactly what did the trick, but it is printing fine now. Checked for loose cables and gave the head a real good cleaning with some swabs. Weird that it was just the black streaking even on colored prints. Hopefully no more surprises.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Not sure exactly what did the trick, but it is printing fine now. Checked for loose cables and gave the head a real good cleaning with some swabs. Weird that it was just the black streaking even on colored prints. Hopefully no more surprises.

The picture of the problem looks very much like what happens when there is a piece of lint or something hanging off the print head. When you cleaned the carriage and around the head you dislodged whatever it was. This sometimes happens after printing on fabric type media like banner material or artist's canvas, or vinyl media with a damaged edge on the right side of the roll.

dj_elite

The picture of the problem looks very much like what happens when there is a piece of lint or something hanging off the print head. When you cleaned the carriage and around the head you dislodged whatever it was. This sometimes happens after printing on fabric type media like banner material or artist's canvas, or vinyl media with a damaged edge on the right side of the roll.

That's what I'm thinking. It was just weird because like I said it was only happening with the black ink even in full color prints. If I printed without black just color, no streaks.