• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204 (CMYK) s/c Read ERR

mbarbee

Hi, thanks for letting me join and I hope I can be a helpful new member.

However, it is me who needs help today. My Mutoh 1204 out of the blue stopped in the middle of a run and is showing the following error on the screen:
(KCMY) S/C ReadErr

I checked this forum and the only related post I could find indicated a chip read problem from the ink cartridges. So I checked for loose connections then disconnected and reconnected all the connectors to the electronics board but I am still getting the message. It does everything normally as it starts up and initializes but then throws this error.

Any ideas? I have a bunch of jobs to run and I am completely down.

THANKS!

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Welcome.

S/C Error is from the cartridge data that is not being read by the electronic contact of the printer.

Problem to look at :
1. Cartridge chip. 2. chip from the printer.

Solution:
1. Swap with a new Mutoh cartridge. If it still has same error message, then you have a broken contact from the printer. Since you're in AZ, Mutoh is next to you. Give them a call if I were you. They are usually very helpful.

We can order the part for you to ship from Mutoh.

Francis
949-209-7306

pjfmeister

from my experience with this....it will throw up the error to a specific color/cartridge first if it is the cartridge and not the printer and then following error message for all cmyk
if it is just a bad chip on one ink cartridge you are good.
more likely it is the chip reader (this is what it was on mine) and it will keep throwing the error even if you change cartridges