Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mutoh 1204 Error....HELP!!

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by kyprinter, Oct 31, 2012.

1. kyprinter

kyprinter New Member

Oct 31, 2012
    My printer has started giving me an error message when I print anything of size...actually 2 that are similar.

E074Err CR2 Current and
    Eo72Err CR Current

I can print small stuff with no problem, but when I try to print anything of size, it will print about 2 foot and all the lights start blinking and it beeps continuously. I've printed a couple of 8' banners with little detail to them with no problem, but I'm trying to print a couple of 6' and 8' pieces that have a lot of detail/printing to them and it stops with the error.

Can someone give me some guidance on what I need to do? We bought the printer new in Jan. 08.

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. henryp

henryp Member

Sep 25, 2006
    Sydney Australia
    Check for dirt or marks on the T-Fence (CR encoding strip)

3. letterman7

letterman7 Very Active Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    And check the encoder disk on the far end of the unit as well - take the end cap off. On mine there seems to be an issue with grease that gets onto the T fence and encoder disk, leading to both of those errors. Make sure that your media is playing out without any resistance as well. I try to feed out a couple of feet at a time so the machine can pull it through rather than pulling off the roll when possible.

4. kyprinter

kyprinter New Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Ok Guys! I have cleaned the encoding strip, took the end cap off and cleaned everything that I could see and still having the same problem. It seems like something is getting "hot" and causing the error. I can let the machine set for several hours or overnight and the first thing I print does fine, but then a foot or so into the next job, it gives me the error. Any ideas or suggesions would be DEEPLY appreciated. I contacted Mutoh and they suggested a service tech from a company called GEI come out. I called them...$500 trip charge and $175 an hour labor. Don't want to do this if there is another solution. Thank you sooooo much in advance!!