Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mutoh 1204 Head Gap

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by kyprinter, Oct 6, 2020.

1. kyprinter

kyprinter Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Elkton, Ky
    Could someone with a Mutoh 1204 post a picture of your printhead gap on the platen? Attached is a picture of mine, but I’m being told it’s not where it needs to be. I can’t get it any lower!!! I’ve got to get printing!! Haven’t printed in over 2 wks and jobs are backing up!!!

Attached Files:

2. letterman7

letterman7 Very Active Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Did you try printing? That's about where mine is. Any lower and you'll start head striking on banner material.

3. henryp

henryp Member

Sep 25, 2006
    Sydney Australia
    ice_screenshot_20201007-130514.png ice_screenshot_20201007-130529.png

The printhead must be between 1.1mm to 1.4mm above the platen

4. That looks like it is sitting up too high. Make sure it is all the way down. You will have to pull it forward and back, I bet it is hanging up. You also need to make sure that the plastic pins on the back side of the hold down go in the carriage. then put the screws in and tighten. the head should be more in line with the ramps on the side of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. kyprinter

kyprinter Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Elkton, Ky
    Not a single drop of ink prints.

6. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    It definitely needs to be lower. Take it apart again and wiggle the head back and forth. It should eventually drop down into position. If not, you might have some of that spring metal in the way which tends to happen from time to time.

• Agree Agree x 1