• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh 1204 ink draining back to cartrage

My Mutoh 1204 ink draining back to cartage. Have new capping station but cant get red and black to work because there is no oink in the line. Took an old cartridge (which by the way are never really empty) dissected it so i could put pressure on them and got ink to the head on the red cartridge but it just drains right back. Am using a 3rd party cartridge and i think that is what started it, i got a bad cartridge that leaked everywhere.

Going to order new dampers but any suggestions?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You're on the right track with dampers. Ink naturally recedes back to the cartridge when air is getting in the system or the damper is failing. Usually it's the damper or the o-ring that connects the damper to the ink line.

Project Sign

My Mutoh 1204 ink draining back to cartage. Have new capping station but cant get red and black to work because there is no oink in the line. Took an old cartridge (which by the way are never really empty) dissected it so i could put pressure on them and got ink to the head on the red cartridge but it just drains right back. Am using a 3rd party cartridge and i think that is what started it, i got a bad cartridge that leaked everywhere.

Going to order new dampers but any suggestions?
I have a 1204 for sale, not running , good for parts, 500