• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh 1204 Large White Horizontal Banding

paulj1054

Can anyone help me with addressing this issue as it seems to be getting worse over time. Nozzle Check is fine. Printer is 6 months old and regularly maintained and cleaned. Using oracal 3169gra with the proper print profile and the effect is fine and wave .

Attachments

• 20170114_184151.jpg
    20170114_184151.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 342

floater302

first thing i would try if the nozzle are all firing, when you load the media it will ask you what type, i would try a different type number in case a setting was changed. and then go from that,, happened to me once with one of my 1204 printers.

paulj1054

Thank you for your help floater. I use setting number 3 that is customized at 4pass bi 720x720 banner. Do you have any suggestions for checking to see if the nozzles are firing other than a nozzle check because from what I can see there are no gaps or segmentation when i do a nozzle check.

floater302

when you hit the print button, the second tabe to right i think is the output setting and in that tab down near the bottom is a driver option button click on it, then there should be a enable driver option if it is checked then flexi is controlling the settings. im using flexi 12 if your using a different version it might be in a different spot

paulj1054

Im using flexi 12 as well and the driver option is checked and the settings in flexi are active. The only setting I have ever edited in the driver screen is the type which i have on 3 which matches the printer setting which is on 3. Im not sure what to do to get this banding fixed bro this is driving me crazy everything looks like ****.

paulj1054

will do..so you are saying to use the printers settings rather than flexi. None of the heater settings are set however I have never touched them and I am sure the profile for the oracal 3169ra changes these settings in flexi rather than the printer right? I suppose I can look at what the heater setting are when the box is checked and then just input them into the printer as so. Right?

paulj1054

it just started happening about 200 linear feet ago. The printer was given as a barter so technically no i don't think warrenty is an option why that doesn't sound good lol

paulj1054

floater sorry for taking so long to respond I am still fighting this things and i'm burnt out man. I have NOT messed with the feed adjustment as i am confused as to what it does and the process but I did adjust the micro change to +4 incrementally. When I printed out the micro print it seemed as tho +2 looked better so I started there and have increased it to micro+ 4 setting but this is off the chart and im not sure if this is correct. It seemed to make the width of the white streaks thinner and less noticeable however its still is there and there is not reference for +4 however I noticed it goes way higher than this. So are you able to give me a little more feedback and possibly educate me on the feed adjustment and how i should go about this?

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Try printing in uni-directional and see if that helps, you can change the setting in Flexi. If it does "fix" the issue than the printer is out of calibration and needs to be adjusted in Diagnostics Mode. It could be either the head slants or the Bi-Directionals are out.