• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204 no crosscutter!?!?! WTF?

P

ProWraps™

ugh. we recieved ours to find out there was no cross cut feature? ACK!?!?! anyone else wonder about this. but here is the real weird part. all the machinery is there for th cross cutter, just no blade. the soloniod is there and wired and the crosscut arm is in place. can this be modded to put the cross cutter on and update the firmware? i cant believe this didnt come with a crosscut feature!

PMG

I feel your pain...the only cross cuter on this machine is grove on the front heater cover and a 99 cent vinyl slitter

P

ProWraps™

I feel your pain...the only cross cuter on this machine is grove on the heater cover and a 99 cent vinyl slitter

yeah i know, stupid huh? but look at your machine. the crosscutter noid, and holder are there, and they are wired. they are on the left side of the head carriage. its strange.. its the exact same thing that was on my falcon outdoor, except no blade and no programming in the firmware. im hoping a mutoh rep will jump on this thread and tell us that they will be offering it as an upgrade! its like when you by a car with no a/c, but the plumbing, and ducting are already installed, you just need the compressor!

PMG

i think i see what your speaking of,,heres a pic of my heads

Attachments

• 05-22-08_1723.jpg
    05-22-08_1723.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 106
P

ProWraps™

see pic.

Attachments

• 05-22-08_1723 copy.jpg
    05-22-08_1723 copy.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 91

PMG

I figured that was a solenoid to release the head from the docking station,,nothing in that general area on mine goes down over that cut strip.

randya

I figured that was a solenoid to release the head from the docking station,,nothing in that general area on mine goes down over that cut strip.

This is indeed the head locking mechanism for the capping station.
And the black groove is to supply contrast to read the edges of the media.

Graphics2u

I didn't know anyone really used those cutters, I guess it's what you get used to. I've had them on both my printers probably used them less than 6 times.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I've used the cutter on my printer a couple of times just to see if it works. I find just running a scissors across the media is faster than and every bit as accurate as the built in cutter and/or an envelope opener.