Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Question Mutoh 1204 no ink

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by Don Mills, Aug 14, 2019 at 2:31 PM.

1. Don Mills

Don Mills New Member

Sep 17, 2017
    Des Moines , Iowa
    I have cleaned my dampers, my print head my cap station {soaking} I have made sure my lines out of my maintenance station are not plugged however when I put it thru clean cycle I have no ink moving thru my lines? This all started with no blk ink now I have no color? my ink lines are empty for the most part.

Tags:
  2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet Printer Fixers

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Sounds like the cap top is bad. I would start by changing that and also making sure the bottom of the head doesn't have a ton of ink built up on the bottom which can cause it to not seal properly with the cap top.

Also, just make sure when you are pulling ink from the waste tubes with a syringe that one of them is clogged. Otherwise you will always pull air.

3. Don Mills

Don Mills New Member

Sep 17, 2017
    Des Moines , Iowa
    Thank you I will try this.
    Don

4. Plottermike

Plottermike Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Germany
    Also make sure, drainage at the end of the tubes isn‘t clogged...

5. rrd

rrd New Member

Sep 18, 2016
    nm
    There is a little plastic connector that the clean out tubes hook to. Shaped like and H in the maintenance station below the cap. That thing always plugs because the holes are tiny compared to the tubes.