• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh 1204 Not Powering Up

pdt123

I have a Mutoh 1204 that has been working fine until I went to turn it on today to print a job. The Data light flashed one 1 time when I tried to turn it on but that is it. When I pushed the power button off and on a second time I do not even get the data light to flash.

I looked at other post for answers and tried unplugging the power cord from the machine and resetting the memory but neither one helped. The 2 fuses on the power line and the one I can see on the power supply board are good.

Any help would be appreciated.

RG

This has happened with my 1204 many times. If you haven't already removed the right side cover, then remove it. The power button should be on. Then, touch the ribbon cable that goes to the control panel. If touching it doesn't work, then wiggle it. This has worked for me about 40 times.

pdt123

I Just tried moving the ribbon cable around and it did not work. When plugged it back in this morning and tried to turn it on the Data light did flash once but does not do it again after the first try.

Are there any test points to check the voltage to narrow down the problem to a particular board such as the power supply or the control panel? I can probably swing a new power supply or main board but don't have the funds to start swapping them out without being able to narrow it down.