Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mutoh 1204 print head

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by BAD NOVA, Sep 18, 2020.

1. BAD NOVA

BAD NOVA Member

Mar 11, 2017
    Alliance Ohio
    I did a head/damper change lost ink to cartridges, have air bubbles what's the best way to fix this?
    Thank you Brian

Tags:
  2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Run a couple long cleanings and it should suck the ink back down into the head. Once it hits the dampers it should stay.

3. BAD NOVA

BAD NOVA Member

Mar 11, 2017
    Alliance Ohio
    I did 4 cleans and nothing.

4. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Then your cap top or full maintenance station is not working properly. Usually people change the cap top first as it's cheap and easy. Also, double check that the head is seated nice and flat. It is very common when replacing the head that the left side is higher than the right and you need to wiggle it a little to get it to drop down all the way. Take a look at the gap between the head and th eplaten and you should be able to see if that's the case.

5. BAD NOVA

BAD NOVA Member

Mar 11, 2017
    Alliance Ohio
    The head is seated. I also tried pulling ink thru the maintenance station with two syringes one is sucking air the other wont pull anything.