• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204 print vertical stipes

Ppcwilly

Hello everyone:smile:
Purchased a used 1204 last year.
The printer works and has a good nozzle check.
Recently i had a 48" roll of vinyl that had vertical stripes printing about 35" into the print.
I thought it was contaminated media,it seemed to be in the sames place every time I printed over 35".
Today I was printing a banner that is approximately 42" long and the stripes show up again. The media is Koma 16oz .
Here is a picture does anyone have any ideas what would cause this.
Thanks
Bill

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3170.jpg
    IMG_3170.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 224

Ppcwilly

Are you referring to the round wheel on left side of printer, or the t-fence?
Will clean the wheel in the morning.
Thanks

Ppcwilly

I cleaned the encoder strip and the encoder wheel, and cleaned and lubricated the rail.
Still no change, prints 2-3 vertical stripes in the same location even with a different design.
anyone have any other ideas?
thanks
Bill

Umca

Do you know what is printhead installed on your printer?
I can be locked not original printhead.

Ppcwilly

I bought the printer used and has worked until I tried to print over 35".
not sure how to find out the condition of my print head?
is their something in the menu that would indicate it is locked print head?
thanks
Bill

Umca

Locked printhead constructed for desktop printers with width less than 30".
This printhead 4 times cheaper than original and have protection from Epson - strips on print over approx. 30" for impossible to use on wide-format printers.
It is impossible to detect by printer's menu. You can detect it very easy by whole view of printhead. But you have to remove printhead for this because frames of carriage totally hide it.

RG

Maybe a locked printhead is not your problem. Why not look at the head and see if it is locked. See attached pix. Of course, you will have to carefully remove the head to see if it is locked or not.

Attachments

• Locked or unlocked DX5 heads.jpg
    Locked or unlocked DX5 heads.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 102