• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204 printed 48 hours ago and today nothing

New to Printing

Guys and Girls,

I have had this printer for 5 years now. We have been threw alot. I have become pretty knowledgeable about the old lady she is. Today she gave me a curve ball.

I printed a simple print Sunday night with no issues. Today I turned her on went threw a cleaning cycle (checked and pump is still good). I hit print walked away and come back to nothing on the vinyl. So I hit print again, and again the same thing. I shut the printer down, unplugged it, plugged it back in, Sam thing. I then did a nozzle test and have the same issue no print.

Whats your thought? board? ribbon cables? talk nice to her? let me know

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The head fuse on the main board probably popped. That's what it is most of the time in these cases. Finding what caused the fuse to pop is the harder part. You'll want to find what caused the fuse to pop in the first place before you replace it. It's usually a bad head cable but it can be a lot of things including a bad head or main board. Most of the time it's a bad head cable or power surge though.

New to Printing

The head fuse on the main board probably popped. That's what it is most of the time in these cases. Finding what caused the fuse to pop is the harder part. You'll want to find what caused the fuse to pop in the first place before you replace it. It's usually a bad head cable but it can be a lot of things including a bad head or main board. Most of the time it's a bad head cable or power surge though.
Now that is one thing I have not changed on this printer. Any chance you have the manual with fuse locations?

New to Printing

Im curious how you checked them? because a visual inspection is not enough on such fuses you need to check them with a meter.
Well if you've been back there you'll know its impossible to test all of them without taking the board out of the printer. So that is what I did. Board came out. tested all (3) fuses with a meter for continuity and all (3) were good. Put it back in and now I have more problems... looks like a new printer for me....

sporgo

I avoid touching anything that nots broken but that's good to know. What other problems have developed?