• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204 printer and flexi sign.... PROBLEMS

HOT ROD

Guys i dont come her often. I am not the expert.. i have been in this a year and a half. a while back i started having problems printing bigger files. i reloaded flexi sign and was able to get the work done but the bigger files chugged a bit... Now i have to wait hours to make a 250 meg file print, sometimes not at all. i have upgraded on memory and reloaded flexi. no problems printing smaller files but when its bigger files it just wont get it done. So i took all my saved files and transferred to CD to free up space, i still have the same problem.... I need somebodys help...

Thanks in advance

Marty

Steph_Stamm

What version of Flexi are you running and what is the computer's operating system? When exactly does the problem occur? During the RIPing process or after the Production Manager status changes to Printing?

ddarlak

Go Bills!
what is the actual size of the output your doing at 250MB?

sounds like you need a new computer and understanding that bigger isn't always better. without the specs, i can bet you don't need to be at 250MB file...

HOT ROD

John

I have the blue cross over ethernet cable.... Sorry its been so long to answer. I went and bought a better computer. 64 bit 16 ram. it seems to be a lil faster but as of last night and went to print a bigger file again and after 30 minutes i just shut it down. I just dont understand when i first got setup almost 2 years ago i didnt have this problem.

Thanks
Marty

CRD

Can you share the file in dropbox to see why it so big and if it is really need to be so big.
In which program you design.
What is your workflow to make the file printable to the rip program?

Paco

HOT ROD

Here is the solution i found... When i create a wrap in flexi. this particular fille was 277 MB. I had remembered customers sending me similar files but much smaller... So i took the FS file did an export and saved it as a BMP file and reduced the same file from 277 MB to 28 MB... problem solved...... What took hours now only takes a few minutes to send to the printer...

Now my next issue is the pic i want to print prints darker than what it appears on the screen... Any help with this..???

Thanks
Marty

CRD

Good to hear one problem solved. For the darker problem did you tried other profiles or a custom profile that is matched to the monitor?

HOT ROD

the software is Aurora rapture..... it printed first 2 times exactly as the monitor looked... as far as i know i havent changed anything....

and i dont know how to load profiles as for certain pics or software... all the other lettering i put on top of the aurora looks perfect...

CRD

Sorry I overlooked you are using Flexi.
In Flexi you set your profiles for color correction.
If you hit the rip button you get a screen with 4 tabs.
From my head one of them (advanced) you can set the resolution and also set the specific profile and material you use.
I asume Aurora is a design program for carwraps and then the final file will be send (as whatever FLexi eats liek .BMP) to be ripped and printed by flexi.

Am I correct or wrong?

Paco

CRD

This is what I mean.

paco

Attachments

• Knipsel.jpg
    Knipsel.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 106