• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mutoh 1204 printer head is clogged

frankysigns

Hi, Nozzle test found out the black line clogged. I isolated the clog problem is located within manifold and print head in 1 black line by gentlely flush the line since the other line went through very smooth with little pressure. Can someone advise me how to remove the clog in a single black line? My print is 1204. Thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
What I normally do is soak the bottom of the head in cleaning solution. You can do this in the machine by clogging the cap top tubes and filling the cap top with solution. I let it sit for about half an hour and then try flushing again. You want to push softly until you see solution sort of bubble out of the nozzles and then push a little harder so that the solution sprays out of the nozzles. If it's a really bad clog I do this sequence about 3 times before giving up.

frankysigns

Thank you. I am soaking right now. After soak, you mean I can flush when the nozzles still in the solution above the cap top?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thank you. I am soaking right now. After soak, you mean I can flush when the nozzles still in the solution above the cap top?

No, you would want to move it off the cap to flush. It's harder on a 1204 because there isn't a maintenance door. It might be easier to take it out to flush. Or you can take the left side cover off and that gives you some room to see what is happening. You want to be able to see the solution coming out of the nozzles.

frankysigns

I ruin the whole thing. I just broke a manifold piece which connect to the damper :(. I have an old print head with manifold. Can I replace the manifold from the old one to this one?
Thanks,

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I ruin the whole thing. I just broke a manifold piece which connect to the damper :(. I have an old print head with manifold. Can I replace the manifold from the old one to this one?
Thanks,

Happens to the best of us. You can change the manifold. Just make sure the rubber gasket that is between the manifold and head stays on the head. Sometimes they pop off and you just need to set it back in place. Good luck!

frankysigns

Vander J, Do you know how can I test the old manifold is good or not? or shall I clean it before replace in?

thanks,

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Vander J, Do you know how can I test the old manifold is good or not? or shall I clean it before replace in?

thanks,

I would flush the old manifold before putting it on the newer head. If there are clogs in it that should clear it out. Better to start fresh!

frankysigns

Yes. It is clogged. I am flushing and refresh it. The old head I isolated how to store it? Thank you so much for your kindly response.

frankysigns

I replaced the old one. It works but I still get the black line clogged nozzle test. Other colors are perfect. See the picture attached. Please advise,

Thanks,

Attachments

• IMG_2630.jpg
    IMG_2630.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_2630.jpg
    IMG_2630.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 410
  • IMG_2630.jpg
    IMG_2630.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_2633.jpg
    IMG_2633.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_2632.jpg
    IMG_2632.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_2631.jpg
    IMG_2631.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_2630.jpg
    IMG_2630.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_2634.jpg
    IMG_2634.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 421

premiercolour

Merchant Member
So we brought in a trade in Mutoh 1304 printer before. We had changed dampers, station, soaked the head multiple times. It didn't clear out. This is what we do right before we decided to change a new printhead. Flush the entire ink system with cleaning solution and let the printhead soaked at the same time for couple days with power off. Run cleaning cycle again. It came back 100%. We really don't want to monkey with the machine syringing it unless we have to because it is not on the manual. We want to use factory way to work on the printer. But syringing sometimes work well but we don't really want to do it unless necessary. Because the pressure you syringe might break something in the printer. Make sure dampers and station are changed before hand. Buy from a solid vendor.

This is what we would do. buy four refillable cartridges, four smart cards, two cleaning solution bottles. Insert cyan smart card to refillable cartridge, pour cleaning solution to the refillable cartridge. Use this as cyan ink cartridge, you don't need to go to any service mode. Do it for all three other colors. Perform three strong cleans. The lines is nice and clean. Now, move out the carriage to the left, close the hose of the station by making a knot at the end of the hose. Pour more cleaning solution on the cap, move the carriage back to the station. Let it sit over night. Remove the knot, do couple more strong cleans, let it sit one more day. couple more cleans the next day. Now turn off the machine, remove all cleaning cartridges, insert all ink cartridges. Better be OEM or Jetbest. The brand we trust. Perform three strong cleans. Do a nozzle check. If it doesn't clear up, I would buy a printer or change the printhead. I would really doubt that you can unclog the nozzle at this time. Do at your own risk. Do not perform on a warranted printer or your warranty will be voided. Good luck. Give us a call if needed. I have no problem to help out. 714-668-9200. Ask for Francis.

VanderJ is very experienced with Mutoh printers. He might be able to chip in a few tips.

- Francis
Premier Colour Inc
Southern California

Refillable cartridge for Mutoh Valuejet
https://www.premiercolour.com/products/refillable-cartridge-for-mutoh-valuejet-printer

Cleaning solution (scroll down and choose cleaning solution)
https://www.premiercolour.com/products/jetbest-500ml-eco-solvent-ink-bottle-for-mutoh-printer

Smart Cards
https://www.premiercolour.com/products/smart-card-for-mutoh-valuejet-printer

Generic Dampers (used the same vendor for the last 5 years)
https://www.premiercolour.com/products/generic-dx4-damper-for-mutoh-printer-1

OEM Mutoh Maintenance station
https://www.premiercolour.com/produ...mutoh-valuejet-printer?variant=13047791484951

frankysigns

Thank you so much Francis and VanderJ for all your help. I placed orders from both of you. Will do the last after I receive the order from Premiercolour. Will update you guys later.

Best

frankysigns

Hi Francis, We received the item. I thought I purchase the cleaning solution but I didn't. Can I use the solvent cleaning solution from solvent Inkject instead?

Thanks,

Sufen

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Hi Francis, We received the item. I thought I purchase the cleaning solution but I didn't. Can I use the solvent cleaning solution from solvent Inkject instead?

Thanks,

Sufen

Sufen, Nice talking to you on the phone. You want to use eco solvent cleaning solution on your Mutoh Valuejet 1204 printer. You had done a great job replacing cap top, dampers. Problem of black nozzle still stays at the same spot. It is now to flush the line with eco solvent cleaning solution. Let me know once you received the cleaning solution so I can walk you through how to clean the lines properly.

Select: cleaning solution
https://www.premiercolour.com/products/jetbest-500ml-eco-solvent-ink-bottle-for-mutoh-printer

Francis