• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204 printer over spray

lucasdowden

I started printing some signs the other day and realized only my black was starting to overspray on my vinyl. The over spray is happpenjng on the side away from where the unit sits when it is not being used, if your looking at the unit on the left side of anything black in the artwork. All colors work perfect, just the black is the issue. I tried cleaning it several times and did a short charge but nothing worked. Any ideas?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Got a photo of the prints that are showing the overspray?
What does your nozzle check look like? (Pic of this would be good too)
Overspray on just one color is usually partially clogged jets deflecting their drops in places they are not supposed to be.
Might also want to clean your encoder strip/sensor. If it is dirty enough to be off a bit but not enough to trigger an error it could cause something like this.
When overspray shows up are you printing with the head in the high or low position and in what print mode?

Lets see what you have and someone here will know what is going on.

wayne k
guam usa

lucasdowden

Here are the pictures

IMG_3425.jpg IMG_3427.jpg

floater302

Is your wiper cleaning the head? or maybe you have what I call lint stop to the bottom of the head,(do a good cleaning is where I would start)

lucasdowden

Is there anything I can do to actually clean the head itself? the wiper is doing the job of what i can tell. I've cleaned around it and so on and don't see any lint or fibers, unless it is on the head itself and I can't see it