• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204 Printhead Issue

FTG

A couple months ago I started losing black nozzles on my printer after a few head soaks and cleanings it was back to normal. It worked great for one print then just started dropping nozzles like crazy immediately afterwards. Ended up replacing the capping station, printhead, dampers and print head cables. Worked great up until this week. Now I'm starting to lose black nozzles out of nowhere, ran some cleanings and they came back. Made one print and then back to losing nozzles again. Every other color is perfect, not one missing nozzle but most of the black is gone. Anybody have any ideas could it be some sort of electrical issue, printhead not aligned properly? It's starting to feel like groundhog day.

Attachments

• IMG_0200.JPG
    IMG_0200.JPG
    887.7 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_0201.JPG
    IMG_0201.JPG
    798.8 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_0202.JPG
    IMG_0202.JPG
    680 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_0203.JPG
    IMG_0203.JPG
    581.1 KB · Views: 346

RG

Sounds like ink starvation. Look closely for any air bubbles in the black ink lines. When you installed new dampers, did you use new o-rings? Maybe disconnect a black damper, and use a syringe connected to where the damper connects to the ink tube, and see if you can suck ink into the syringe. You have probably already cleaned both encoders, the long one that runs the length of the platen and the round one that's under the left-side cover. I have heard of there being an obstruction where the ink cartridge plugs in causing a reduced flow of ink (ink starvation). Maybe one of the tech guys here has seen this before and will offer a solution. It doesn't sound like the problem is electrical.

unmateria

Hi :) dont worry , its not electrical. Air is entering in black tubing. Check black dumpers... If plastic film is not as tight as in the others, its an Air problem. Try replacing dumpers and put a little black ink on orings when sitting them. Sometimes It can be in the end tubing near the cartdrige. Check all this first and if It continues we Will check more. I assume that pump and capping IS working ok and after a cleaning or ink charge It prints ok during some time, isnt It?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6 mediante Tapatalk

unmateria

A couple months ago I started losing black nozzles on my printer after a few head soaks and cleanings it was back to normal. It worked great for one print then just started dropping nozzles like crazy immediately afterwards. Ended up replacing the capping station, printhead, dampers and print head cables. Worked great up until this week. Now I'm starting to lose black nozzles out of nowhere, ran some cleanings and they came back. Made one print and then back to losing nozzles again. Every other color is perfect, not one missing nozzle but most of the black is gone. Anybody have any ideas could it be some sort of electrical issue, printhead not aligned properly? It's starting to feel like groundhog day.
Ah! If the ink goes down to the cartdrige on night is a clear sympton that its entering Air in the tube

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6 mediante Tapatalk

FTG

Sorry forgot to get back on here. I just removed the dampers and pulled ink through the lines with a syringe. Must have been air in the line somewhere I couldn't see it or maybe the damper just wasn't seated on the head correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk