• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204 Refurb

kyprinter

I bought my Mutoh 1204 brand new in Jan. `08. I need to have it completely refurbished. Does anyone have any suggestions on to get to do this? I am also exploring the idea of just purchasing a new printer all together if the cost to refurbish is extremely high. Thanks for any input you can give.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If it ain't broke don't fix it. That being said, I would replace the parts that are recommended to be replaced for regular maintenance such as the dampers/orings, maintenance station, sponges and wiper. Other than that I would clean up as much ink as possible, check and clean the encoder strip and disk, check the speed reduction belts and grease the rails.

If it has been sitting for a while, you may have to change the head and that is when I would start thinking about trading in for a new machine. The 1204 is an easy machine to keep running and/or revive from the dead. It's all about how much you are willing to spend.