• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204 "Staggering" Letters HELP!

jdeaver

Hello fellow sign dudes!

I have a Mutoh 1204 that's been running solid for 5+ years. I did replace the maintanence station in 08' but that's it.

This is the first experience I've ever had with printing this way. The strangest part is it's not consistent in time, distance, color or even the amount it's staggering the print. There is generally a smaller thin line out the side and across the media (horizontally) where it's doing it.

Take a look at the pics, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

decals.jpg
decals2.jpg

I have already:
- Fully cleaned the print head and maintence station
- Ran nozzle checks/test prints
- Powered on/off comp and printer
- Soaked print head for "clogged nozzle"

Thanks for any input! :thumb:

tsgstl

It's definitely a communication problem. It's repeating and subtracting parts.
Never seen it before, hopefully someone else has. I almost think its a buffering or ripping problem.

jdeaver

Thanks for the input!

that's exactly what I thought, we just switched comps and transferred Flexi/Pro Manager over.

I'll switch back comps and let you know how it goes.

jdeaver

Problem solved! It seems so obvious now (like always)

I had a bad ethernet port on my new comp that causing all the miscommunication.

FIXED

Thanks again for the input!

Compilla

Flex-Sign Pro 8.5v1

Glad to hear you resolved the problem. There is a free upgrade to 8.6v2 you can get via SAi.
This will fix some known bugs in Flexi. Once you download 8.6
Open the program, go to Help menu->Check for Updates and download the latest Service Pack.

waximoff

How did you know it was the ethernet port? Did you use the same cable afterwards as you did when the problem was happening?

Mine is doing the same thing right now... ugghhh