• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204 using 50" media = @#$#$##$

57chevy

New to using the Mutoh... Been printing on 48" vinyl pretty much problem free, until we switched to 50" roll of photo pager to do 48" wide print. No matter what we do at the Mutoh or in Flexi, or even in Production manager the Mutoh will only detect 1225mm! Changing to custom media size in Production manager results in it auto setting back to 48", as we watch.

How can we get this thing to read the true width of 50"???? Won't even tell you about the ink we wasted today trying to print 48" trophy, before we noticed things weren't right!

Our settings
Media type 1
Graphics 2

Thanks in advance for any help!
57Chevy

ProWraps

thats a 48" printer. in bidirectional mode, it will print 47.24" (1200mm). 47.99" (1219mm) in unidirectional. but it will never print 50". you need a 1304 to print what you need.

sorry for the bad news. welcome to s101.

57chevy

Aach!! Thanks for the response! Daggone it, before we bought the 50" material we looked at the specs for the 1204 it says clearly 50" maximum width material -how do they get away with inaccurate info like that!?

Guess it means you can feed it 50" material, but it doesn't say maximum print width anywhere... What's the point of being able to load it if you can't print it?

Thanks for the help -at least I can leave the menus alone now...

57Chevy

luggnut

it the specs for the printer it states the print width is maximum of 48"... and if you are printing graphtec registration marks you have to leave room for those... so way less than 48"

Our settings
Media type 1
Graphics 2

ProWraps

you can feed 50". the max print widths are what i posted above. again sorry for the bad news. the specs should show the print widths. a quick search on google will yield some results. a bit harder to find as the 1204 is now sold under the signwarehouse prismjet name.

here is a link to a .jp page on mutoh's site:
http://www.mutoh.co.jp/en/vj/vj-1204.html

everything is in metric as its from japan. that should give you pretty in depth specs for your new printer.

57chevy

Well thanks for all the help from everyone, I'd been another day jacking knobs for no benefit, I'm happy I asked for help on this one!

Thanks again!
57Chevy

Stealth Ryder

The printer will read 50", in other words it's not the Printer!!! The software is what is not allowing you to go past 48"... This is common and there is an easy fix...

In the “Output Drivers” folder find the mutoh.csm file. Open this folder using MS Word Pad. Scroll down to VJ-1204. Edit lines 06, 1000 & 1001 from 47.2 to 48.00...

Make sure that anywhere under the 1204 you see width referred to as 48.00" you change this to 50.00".... Save the file and the issue will be resolved...

This issue has to do with the driver, not the hardware itself...

luggnut

The printer will read 50", in other words it's not the Printer!!! The software is what is not allowing you to go past 48"... This is common and there is an easy fix...

In the “Output Drivers” folder find the mutoh.csm file. Open this folder using MS Word Pad. Scroll down to VJ-1204. Edit lines 06, 1000 & 1001 from 47.2 to 48.00...

Make sure that anywhere under the 1204 you see width referred to as 48.00" you change this to 50.00".... Save the file and the issue will be resolved...

This issue has to do with the driver, not the hardware itself...

will that work on a falcon 46

letterman7

How exactly do you extend your print margins to 50"? I am very interested in this.

Thanks so much in advance!

You can't. You can only extend the print margin of the 1204 to a "true" 48". The 50" is the width that the machine will read and still not throw an error code. I tried an experiment today while this very thread was forming: loading a full 54" banner roll. It wouldn't read the roll - got an 'undefined media' error. With switching off the 'media initial' setting, it took the roll. I was trying to print a large (obviously) banner, and the print width stopped at 47.7". The other 1/4" was for the black spit bands. I've yet to try with the new 50" setting, but I feel confident in it will print a true 48" wide print.

Stealth Ryder

You can't. You can only extend the print margin of the 1204 to a "true" 48". The 50" is the width that the machine will read and still not throw an error code. I tried an experiment today while this very thread was forming: loading a full 54" banner roll. It wouldn't read the roll - got an 'undefined media' error. With switching off the 'media initial' setting, it took the roll. I was trying to print a large (obviously) banner, and the print width stopped at 47.7". The other 1/4" was for the black spit bands. I've yet to try with the new 50" setting, but I feel confident in it will print a true 48" wide print.

Change Flushing from Media to Orgin, to get rid of the lines...

Menu
Right Arrow once
Down Arrow to Flushing/Spitting (depending on formware)
Enter
Change the value then press Enter again...