• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204 VJ - Print Issue

New to Printing

Hey all,

I recently had an issue with my 1204. Replaced the print head and have it all back together. Ran it through some cleaning cycles, I am getting perfect nozzle checks, and also completed both N and Q Alignments. I am printing on the same material with the same profile as I did before I swapped the head. When I print anything I get a thin magenta line in the beginning of any color followed by a cyan at the end. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? Looks like they are not firing at the same time as they should like magenta is firing 1 pass early and cyan is 1 pass late? I need help please!!!!!

Attachments

• image0 (1).jpeg
    image0 (1).jpeg
    320.6 KB · Views: 139

New to Printing

It would seem like your head alignment is no bueno.
Haha, something I would say.. Its going to come back out I guess. Start over. Anyone know where the adjustment on the right of the print head carriage should be? Never moved it before, but do not see much in the manual or online regarding it?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You need to run the head slant first to make sure the head is parallel with the platen. That's what the lever on the right side of the carriage is for. Then run the bi-directional alignments in service mode. I'm not sure what N and Q alignments are.