• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204 will not start up

artaddictguy

Hello,
My 1204 valuejet will not start up. When i put it on the fans come on , a regular click clock sound then rathen then going to the ready to print mode an error comes up and beeping with both lights flashing. The Error is E079 commu.
I had this problem before. I did nothing unusual and i started up and has been working normal . I cant seem to get by it this morning...Any help is welcome

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Unplug the machine and hit the power button to discharge any residual charge. Take the back platen off the machine. The main board is going to be on the left side of the machine. Take out the memory (under a small fan) and clean just the contacts, not the whole circuit board, with alcohol. Allow the memory to dry and put it back in the machine. This usually has a 50/50 chance of working.

Otherwise, the error code you are getting is a communication failure between the main board and the controller board. There is an Ethernet looking connection between the two boards. Make sure it is plugged in tightly. If everything looks good you could either have a bad main board, controller board or power board.

artaddictguy

I tried it...

Hello there<
thanks for your response. I tried the card cleaning and securing the plug. Nothing.
I figured out that the wiper motor is not functioning.It was just vibrating when the machine is initilazing.As soon as the printer would need the motor to operate it will just hum.No gears will turn to move the wiper. Now the motor has died completely.