• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204

greglauter

Hi guys, I am having a problem with our Mutoh Valuejet 1204 and forgive me as I don't know the terminology very well. Before I left the shop Saturday night I noticed the print heads were a little dirty so I put a little 97% rubbing alcohol in the area where the heads "park" on the sponge (damper?). So you know the machine has been working perfectly up to today. I didn't use the machine Monday as I had a lot of vinyl to weed etc. Well today (Tuesday) I sent a digital print through and it turned out all cyan/black (no magenta or yellow). I ran the cleaning cycle a few times. I looked at the ink lines and in all of the CMYK lines it appears there is blue/black all the way to the ink cartridges. I twisted one of the ink tubes/lines off where the ink lines connect to the ink cartridges and I used a syringe to pull ink from the ink cartridge. When I pulled ink from the yellow cartridge it came out green (straight from the cartridge). I was going to just change all of the ink cartridges to brand new ones in hopes this would fix rthe problem but I didn't want to ruin more cartridges than necessary. Any idea how I can get all of the "muddy" ink out of my CMYK lines and get this thing printing again? Again, I apologize for my ignorance on the names of the parts and I can upload pics if necessary.

Any help is MUCH appreciated, thanks! Greg
:thankyou:

greglauter

I just wanted to give a big THANKS to Scott at Einstein Graphic Services! His business is an authorized Mutoh dealer and he walked me through step by step over the phone. Not only did he diagnose the problem correctly he offered the best, most cost effective way to fix the issue. Everything he told me made perfect sense (cross contamination). I will take the steps he recommended tomorrow and will give you all an update.

If you own a Mutoh and you are looking for a Mutoh dealer, I would highly recommend Scott at Einstein Graphic Services (920) 423-3266, great guy!

Thanks guys, Greg

greglauter

The problem was I put 3-5 drops of rubbing alcohol in the capping station before I left the shop on Friday. Let it sit until Monday and found out I cross contaminated the ink lines. I guess the "puddle" of alcohol caused the head to draw the ink back into the lines causing a mess. I was told I did the right thing with putting alcohol in the capping station but I failed to run a cleaning cycle to remove the "puddle" of alcohol. To remedy the problem, I was told by my local tech to take the lines off of the head one by one and syringe the ink out. I tried getting the lines off for over 2 hours and didn't want to make things worse. Does anyone know and easy way to remove these lines? Then Scott IM'd me asking to call him. I called and he recommended getting the cleaning carts and running them rather than messing with the lines. He explained everything in detail and it all made perfect sense. I am waiting on the carts to arrive via FedEx and will give an update as soon as I have the machine up and running. Thanks Greg

SE SignSupply

The problem was I put 3-5 drops of rubbing alcohol in the capping station before I left the shop on Friday. Let it sit until Monday and found out I cross contaminated the ink lines. I guess the "puddle" of alcohol caused the head to draw the ink back into the lines causing a mess. I was told I did the right thing with putting alcohol in the capping station but I failed to run a cleaning cycle to remove the "puddle" of alcohol. To remedy the problem, I was told by my local tech to take the lines off of the head one by one and syringe the ink out. I tried getting the lines off for over 2 hours and didn't want to make things worse. Does anyone know and easy way to remove these lines? Then Scott IM'd me asking to call him. I called and he recommended getting the cleaning carts and running them rather than messing with the lines. He explained everything in detail and it all made perfect sense. I am waiting on the carts to arrive via FedEx and will give an update as soon as I have the machine up and running. Thanks Greg

You are headed down the wrong path with the cleaning cartridges. The problem lies in your capping assembly / maintenance assembly. Running the cleaning cartridges is going to cost you unnessary $ .