• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204

randya

al.. no numbers on my print heads, and turns out they are aftermarket print heads.. and no i've never had these replaced before...

Curious, as to why you believe this head, I assume it is one head, is aftermarket?

Usually the head rank sticker is removed (you can't see it when the head is in the carriage) to enter the head rank through the front panel. In the 'old days' people would just print out the Parameters sheet and tuck in the left side of the machine. Now, it is all available in digital format.

If you have the 'Parameters' you should be able to put those in the new motherboard.

intense_design

Randy,
I had a certified Mutoh tech come out to install. He also said that something else was missing that should have been there. But whatever it's fixed now and i'll mail the old print head to signwarehouse to see what they have to say about it.

oldog

Hey again; glad your back to printing,total bummer about the head thing.Sounds like it could just be a lame tec from what Randa is saying.Maybe sign warehouse will do the right thing.Just have to keep your fingers crossed for that.I'm sure they check out Signs 101 and your post here may do some good. I was wondering what happened with your old board. Do the tecs take them for a core return,or did you get to keep it .I would like to experiment with it .If you didn't want much for it.you could PM me if your interested.Thanks and sorry, I don't mean to be a pest!

xxaxx

I have had the mutoh not turn on like that 3 times and every time it was the fuses, so unfortunately not much help here ... hope the tech can get it figured out for you though!

CheapVehicleWrap

all right, for all you guys wondering how everything turned out.. i will give you the low down..
New Motherboard, but wait that isn't all! Signwarehouse screwed me over.. no numbers on my print heads, and turns out they are aftermarket print heads.. and no i've never had these replaced before..
so in order for my machine to work, i had to buy new print head as well just so they could be calabriated with the printer software! when nothing was wrong with my old ones, just that they had no numbers on them because they must have switched them out at the warehouse before i bought the thing that was supose to be brand new!
I am definately frusterated with this, anyone have any input they would like to share about how to go about getting signwarehouse to pay for the print heads. Since it's their wrong doing in the first place.

Doesn't surprise me. My 1614 arrived smashed because they loaded thousands of dollars of supplies on top. So I told them to just send me the printer nothing else. An entirely new unit arrived with cables, manuals, moving poles, and start up supplies that were set aside and the old printer returned. They hounded me for the supplies saying they could not sell the damaged printer as new without them and pulled my support until they were returned even refusing to process an additional order for 3k. They kept their support, I kept the start up kit and found better suppliers. And you didn't get that smashed printer.