• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mutoh 1204vj A help

adgrafixdesigns

I have a mutoh 1204 VJA when i start to print the print head only goes over 36" will not go the hole 48" i put in all new sensors in and a new Linear Encoder Scale Strip HELP

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That's most likely a RIP problem. Make sure the RIP is set to get the media width from the printer and not overriding it with a manual size.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
How do I fix the problem ?
It depends on your RIP but most RIPs have a layout screen where you layout your print orientation and copies etc. In that window there's usually a button to automatically get the media width from the printer. You should be able to manually type in a size as well. For example, in Flexi it's called Poll Size, in Rasterlink it's simply called, Get Media Width. It will be something similar in yours.

Johnny Best

When you turn on the printer and load the media, does the head travel the length (48") of the printer to initialize the printer?