• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204vj need help

scott dunacn

adgrafix
I have a mutoh 1204vj how do i fix this problem the print looks fuzzy please help?

Attachments

• 20220216_122326.jpg
    20220216_122326.jpg
    591.7 KB · Views: 204
  • 20220216_122555.jpg
    20220216_122555.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 85

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Did it just start doing this out of the blue? It looks like the head slant is misaligned. Did you have a bad head strike recently?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Go into service mode by holding the up, right, and down buttons while powering on. Once it boots up, scroll to the Adjustment menu and hit enter, then scroll to head slant and hit enter, then scroll to head slant 2 and hit enter. It will print a a set of black lines, a set of magenta lines, and another set of black lines. If the alignment is off, the magenta lines won't line up with the black lines. If that's the case, there is a black plastic lever on the right side of the head carriage (carriage cover off) that you can move freely with just your hand and no tools. It clicks when it moves. Moving that up and down adjusts the head slant. If I'm remembering correctly, moving the lever up moves the magenta up and vice versa.