• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204VJ Print Problems help please!

BSL Graphix

I have a VJ-1204, less than 8 month old. I do regular maintenance as recommended. I am trying to print a solid burgundy color for a golf kart wrap, and the color keeps getting light and dark spots in it. It will not print a smooth, solid color. I am using flex-10 and Ora 3651RA vinyl. I haven't noticed this problem in the past at all with any other jobs. Any advice or help out there? thanks!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I have a VJ-1204, less than 8 month old. I do regular maintenance as recommended. I am trying to print a solid burgundy color for a golf kart wrap, and the color keeps getting light and dark spots in it. It will not print a smooth, solid color. I am using flex-10 and Ora 3651RA vinyl. I haven't noticed this problem in the past at all with any other jobs. Any advice or help out there? thanks!

Printing large tracts of solid color can be problematic. Turn it into a bitmap and add a little noise to it and it should print far more consistently. The added bit of noise turns the solid into a pattern that's not readily visible to the naked eye.

BSL Graphix

Here is a pic! thanks!

Attachments

• PICT0328.jpg
    PICT0328.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 91

BSL Graphix

I printed one side out and was nearly flawless, then this was the second side which ended up with some major spots. wondering if the the vinyl could be contaminated?? its a new roll though?

FatCat

My first guess would be contamination. I've had it happen on new rolls right at the start, and on open rolls where it didn't appear until 100' in. It happens. You can try to peel off 10 feet or so and try again. If it is still occurring, or the areas are shrinking in size, peel off another 10 feet or so.

If it is contaminated, contact your rep where you bought it from and they should replace it.

BSL Graphix

thanks everyone! Pretty sure it is vinyl contamination, and what a pain! I used a paper towel and wiped a few feet of vinyl off, reprinted, and it seems to have taken care of the problem. Glad I found the culprit, very glad it wasn't a printer issue, but it still is a pain in the rump!!

heyskull

We have had on going issues with a supplier on material that was having similair issues.
I've been through over 15 rolls of material all with the same issues.
We knew it wasn't the printer as it prints other suppliers material perfectly.

SC