• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

MUTOH 1304 Banding Problems (*Photos Attached*)

Sven

Just purchased a used MUTOH 1304 from a supposedly reputable dealer. They claim it has a brand new print head. Now, after two weeks of light printing, I'm getting these bands in the print. They fade off after about 10 inches to the left of the right edge. I did a nozzle cleaning, check, I rotated the media to rule out media issues. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.
Thanks

photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg

That looks like too much heat in your profile.
I have a Mutoh 1204 and the only time I ever saw that was when I got some media that I didn't have a profile for so I used one I already had.
Looks exactly the same, I turned the heat settings down and it went away. In my case, the pre-heat setting was too high causing the media to buckle so parts of the media was closer to the print head.

It could also have something to do with the media feed settings but check the heat first.
Hope it helps.

Gman75

Try this

Try giving the roll some slack. It could be the tension cause if the weight of the roll.
Also check and make sure the pole one which the media is on is loaded properly and is
smoothly rotating. Good luck.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The above suggestions are great. Also, if the banding starts on the right side and fades to the left no matter how the media is oriented, it could be a failing damper/o-ring or even a partially clogged head manifold. If the head is new, the manifold is a lot less likely but since it is a new head the tech might not have noticed a damper problem because they hadn't printed a lot of square footage before they sold it to you. Check your ink lines for any air bubbles and make sure ink is flowing into the waste tank when you run a cleaning cycle. If you have air bubbles and/or ink is not flowing to the waste tank, that's your problem.