• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1304 / IJ180C Heat settings

GrantX01

Any idea why I would be getting these weird vertical / slight angled bands?

Attachments

• WTF.jpg
    WTF.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 103
Last edited by a moderator:

randya

A number of possibilities.

Head alignments - does it change when you print uni?

Encoder/timing fence or timing disc - clean the timing fence and disc with denatured alcohol. Check that the sensors are not touching the fence or encoder.

Some type of harmonics between the RIP software (sample size) and the wave you are using. - try a different wave type.

Do you see this on all media and images or is it image dependant?

GrantX01

I see it on some random images and random pms colors. I don't think the head is out of alignment, I want to say it was a gradual increase until I ran one job any really noticed it. Now I have a problem.

petesign

I have actually experienced the same problem with a similar color, I print CMYK only (just the four colors, no light cyan magenta, etc.) on a mimaki. Maybe try a different profile, or convert the artwork to rgb or cmyk before ripping.

GrantX01

Update: I have tried both uni. and different wave and heat and combination of all. If lift the head height with wave on it goes away some but not much. I found in Uni. only with wave on it goes away the most but it is still there. Any Ideas?